Sunday, May 25, 2014

and now it begins

Time to go to work y'all. The delegates meeting begins at nine. This is an opportunity for the voting delegates to discuss, for the last time the legislation that will be voted on tomorrow. We give them a lot of room to discuss and decide. The Deputy then present his budget to be put under the microscope by the group. Also presented at this meeting is the Home Board Budget and the Charitable Foundation budget.
Both the Deputy and I make time to go into the Board of General Purposes meeting and the District Deputy Instructors meeting. I really wanted to and did thank them for their service to the Grand Lodge this year. There has been significant changes to the make-up of these entities this year. These men really stepped up and did a fantastic job. I wish them all well.
After lunch the Deputy and I meet with the Jurisprudence Committee. We understand what will happen tomorrow during my address. Jurisprudence determines if the actions of the Grand Master are within Masonic Law.
Time to suit up for the Representatives Banquet. It is a time for the delegates to get dressed up an enjoy a nice dinner. It is time for the Deputy and me to earn our keep. We give several awards this night;
Mason of the Year, Lodge of the year (all categories), Lou B Windsor awards and the Distinguished Service awards. All in all a great event. I understand next year I will get to eat :)

and another thing - tradition continues

5-20-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment